Composition: Ramipril 5mg
- Ramipril is an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor, used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) and congestive heart failure.
Ramipril is used in following conditions:
- High blood pressure and Congestive heart failure.
- Prevention of heart attack, stroke and cardiovascular death.
Mechanism of action:
- Ramilpril inhibits the angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE), a powerful vasoconstrictor, leading to decreased blood pressure, results in relaxation of arteriole smooth muscle reducing blood pressure as the blood is pumped through widened vessels.
- The presence of allergy to ramipril, and in pregnancy
- Use caution in the presence of impaired renal function, Congestive heart failure, salt/volume depletion and lactation
- Anorexia, cough, dry mouth, constipation, Neutropenia, agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia, renal insufficiency, urinary frequency and renal failure
- Dermatologic effects includes rash, pruritus, pemphigoid-like reaction, scalded mouth sensation, exfoliative dermatitis, photosensitivity, alopecia.
Ramipril may interacts with following drugs:
- Drospirenone, Insulin lispro, Lithim, potassium, spironolactone, tizanidine, tobramycin, treprostinil, triamterene